OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for any help here

Started by bigbird, April 29, 2017, 05:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I just bought a new gun, an SX3 20 in bottomland. It has a 26" barrel.  Now that I'm going to be using a 20 what constriction and shell combos can I try to get the best results. I'm interested in the federal heavyweight 7's and the longbeards, not so much in hand loading or any TSS 8's or 9's. I'm not sure those are legal shot sizes here in Indiana. If you have any ideas something that's working for you please share it with me.

bigbird

I looked that up after I wrote the op but thank you for your time and help

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

g8rvet

I would call either Sumtoy or Trulock and get the scoop from them. No worries, both have done it a bunch and will get you set up with minimal patterning.  I only chose Trulock because of loyalty to them with some excellent customer service with my duck and goose gun, and they are close enough for me to drive.  But Sumtoy has the exact same customer service reviews.  Can't go wrong with either.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Forked lighting

I use a Carlson,s with fed heavy weight 7,s patterns good killed 2 this year with it can't remember constriction go to there web site reasonable price too

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk