OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey blinds for run and gun...

Started by Sevenyearsandcounting, April 28, 2017, 12:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mufishgrad

I like the panel/stake blinds for morning set-ups when I've got a bird roosted, or set-up in an area where I have worked birds before in the morning. Hunter's Specialties makes one that I've had since starting to hunt public land. Every time I take it running and gunning in the afternoon I find I don't really use it unless I set-up along an area where I think birds frequent from recent sign. They really are great at the very least for concealing hand movement for friction calling.

Gen.27:3

I have used a blind called the Bungie blind, and it works well. Very light and sets up easy
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

appalachianstruttstopper

Running and gunning. Clippers and brush if I feel I need extra cover. Field turkeys pop up blind and decoys usually. Strutter decoy with hen stuffed under him when the time is right. Single standing jake when it's not. :z-twocents:

rcleofly

Knight and Hale run and gun quickblind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjnengr

Also......

Check out what Aaron does around 7:30 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6wL0b6JHs

He just uses a store-bought blind wrap around that he covers himself like a blanket. 

shemp

OP mentioned corn fields...in my (very) limited experience hunting open fields (cattle pasture by me) all I can say is scout and see if there is a spot they are frequenting and set up a popup blind EARLY
.  Also if you can figure out where / when they're leaving a field you're good to go.
Calling one off a field is tough...ambushing one as it leaves the field is a lot easier