Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First tag

Started by Bowguy, April 26, 2017, 11:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Bird was very small, sorry guys. I'll post pics later. It's a longbeard but not a great one. Rainy day hunt. Jrrodc n I were hunting. First bird in was a Jake a 45. Than the 2 adults. I tried to let Jared shoot n they came to wrong side for him. Couple alarm putts later n I shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Nothing wrong with that bird.  Congratulations for getting on the board!  I will go ahead a get things set up to get you on the official score board for when you post you score. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Hey, congrats!  Nice beard on him. 

Rzrbac

Congrats, nothing wrong with that bird.

Bowguy

Rest of em real tiny. I'll post em once done at Dr

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: Rzrbac on April 26, 2017, 11:33:38 AM
Congrats, nothing wrong with that bird.
[/quote ]

No doubt. I'll take two just like him next week!!!
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

I would have shot him.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SwampRooster17

Way to lay the hammer down on one! Congrats

trkehunr93

Hard to field judge a gobbler IMO, most of the time it happens real fast.  I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot.  The one I killed last Friday weighed 16.2 lbs., I would say he had been breeding his you know what off.  Didn't have a bit of breast sponge left and nothing in his crop. 

davisd9

Good first bird.  Plenty of time to upgrade if it is in the cards.

Bowguy

Thanks guys. Season just started, sure an upgrade will come

BABS9

Nice job Mike! Like I said if he's full fanned he's done. I'd be proud of him! Congrats!

dirt road ninja

A late congrats! I'm sure a higher scoring bird is coming.