turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Youth hunt ends with a bang!

Started by Lumpy, April 11, 2011, 08:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Guided this morning on our NWTF banquet hunt we raffled off.
First thing in the morning we were surrounded by gobbles, three different flocks!
We ended up calling a dozen or so jakes and hens into about 5 yards, but were unable to get a shot, and couldn't seal the deal with the longbeards, they stayed well out of gun range.
About 3 hours later we get a response, I hit him again and he fires right back. We look out the rear blind window and see a longbeard running right towards us, he was running so fast he couldn't stop and kept on going, still not sure if something spooked him while he was coming in.
About 30 min later we look out the rear window in our blind and see a jake working towards us. I tell Joe to stick his gun out the left window and get ready. Once he went out of sight behind some trees I give him some clucks, figuring he would walk around the trees and give Joe about a 20 yard shot. But noooooo, he ended up walking right up to the blind at like 5 yards. He walks by and I tell Joe to stick his barrel out the right window and get ready, but the bird was way ahead of us and was about 30 yards infront of the blind. I grab his barrel, pull it out of the right window and stick it through the front and BANG, Joe's first turkey down on his first turkey hunt!!!
About 15lbs. and a 4" beard.
Another awesome hunt in God's great creation.
God Bless

[attachment deleted by admin]
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

Basser69

JVA54

cannonball

harvester

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

RutnNStrutn

trkycaller

longbeardlife.com

Awesome.....  love to see kids in the outdoors... congrats on hunt

PANYHunter

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

bayou gobbler

Ol'Mossy

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions