OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SiteMark SX 1x24 Shotgun Scope  (Read 1289 times)

Offline DETJR

SiteMark SX 1x24 Shotgun Scope
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with SiteMark Shotgun Scopes or SiteMark products in General?
Thinking of trying one on my Turkey Gun.

Thanks!!

Offline Strutr

Re: SiteMark SX 1x24 Shotgun Scope
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »
I have had a Sightmark Minishot 13001 reflex sight on my 12 ga TC Encore turkey gun for the past 4 years.  It has been subjected to a diet of 2 oz. turkey loads and 2.75" rifled slugs and has worked just fine.  Having received this sight as a gift, this low-cost brand probably wouldn't have been my first choice if I was the purchaser.  However, I decided to give it a go since I had nothing invested and it had a limited lifetime warranty. 

When I originally installed it, I over-tightened the base (totally my fault) and stripped the mounting bolt.  I sent them an email and they said to ship it back and they would send out a new unit.  I wouldn't expect any quicker or better service than that had it come from one of the big name optics companies so I have to give Sightmark props for their warranty service.

Note that this is my only reflex sight so I can't give you comparisons with other models/brands.  Also bear in mind that this is an entry-level sight that sold for about $60 at the time, probably a knock-off of the Vortex(?).  Supposed shortcomings in its features are that it has only two brightness levels and no actual 'click' stops in its adjustment screws.  Based upon my experience with it in the field, the two brightness levels seem perfectly adequate for my purposes and the sight has held zero just fine, so I'm not seeing any downsides.  I like the low-profile and the 3moa dot.  The sight has performed as intended. 

As with any of my optic-equipped guns, I am reasonably careful to protect the optic from impact abuse so I have no idea how much punishment this unit will take, but can't see why it would be any better or worse than other similarly configured reflex sights.  Overall, I have nothing negative to say about Sightmark or this particular model.  Let me know if you have specific questions.