OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Nesting ?  (Read 4091 times)

Offline TRKYHTR

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Mother Lode Turkey Calls
Nesting ?
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »
Yesterday I went out and plowed my field because the weeds were getting to high. Today I went out there to spray roundup on everything I wasn't able to knock down with the plow. To my surprise I jumped a hen turkey right next to my fence. As she walked away slowly making the slightest putting you ever heard I looked back where she came from and you guessed it a nest full of eggs. I counted 10. So I kept spraying and went out front where I met her trying to go around and slip in from behind. She finally walked off and I came in the house and got my camera. I'm thinking of mounting one of my trail cameras up to see what kind of pictures I can get.

Dr. Williams do you think the roundup that I sprayed on my field will hurt the eggs? I didn't spray any on the eggs but I'm sure the hen walked thru some of the grass and weeds that I had sprayed and if it gets on her and then the eggs will it kill the embryos?

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Offline Lovett

Re: Nesting ?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
TRKYHTR,

I don't think roundup will kill the poults.