OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Got one in Missouri  (Read 2466 times)

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
Got one in Missouri
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »
Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked in in a while, been really busy between turkey hunting and then working a lot of long days to make up for my time off. So I killed one on Tuesday in Iowa, this hunt was super special to me because I've turkey hunted for 18 years with my dad and this was the first time we were able to pull off a double together! It was an incredible morning and an awesome hunt. Bird turned out pretty nice and scored about 58. That's where I screwed up, I forgot to take Weight pictures before i cleaned him. I was so bummed. So I let us down there, but don't be mad because I more than made up for it..

Came down to Missouri to hunt this weekend and yester morning went very well. Had been working several different birds but could never get in anything close. We started walking and cutting our way through the woods, back in the direction of the truck and struck one. We sat down quick and ended up calling two in. They kinda had us twisted with one behind us and one in front of us. I told my buddy (who is on this team as lauber79) to shoot and he couldn't get an angle on the one in front of us. Finally he swung around to the left and I was able to take him. He turned out to be the highest scoring bird I've ever shot! I'll try and post the stats on the score thread from my phone with the pictures now but the total score was 74.75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Got one in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:35:29 PM »
Whoa!!!!  Way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ILHUNTER

Re: Got one in Missouri
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »
Awesome, that's got to be a big bird