OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Almost go time  (Read 3421 times)

Offline WildSpur

• Longbeard
Almost go time
« on: May 12, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
My class is just finishing up and then I am free.  Mountinburd is coming up and we have 4 days of hard hunting. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Almost go time
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »
Good luck guys maybe theres an upgrade out there. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 02:58:06 PM »
Best of luck guys!! Go schwack some bigguns!!! :fud: :turkey: :icon_thumright: :anim_25:

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »
Tell us the story.   Hope it has a happy ending.

Offline suburbhunter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »
Best of luck guys!! Go schwack some bigguns!!! :fud: :turkey: :icon_thumright: :anim_25:

X2!!!

Offline Mountainburd

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 07:53:01 PM »
Well no kills boys.  It was a tough 5 days and I think I lost about 8 pounds.  Many many miles were put on with very little action. The only really good weather day was Tuesday and this morning before it warmed up.  I managed to bump into a bird running and gunning Tuesday that I called into 15 yards, but I just couldn't get a shot.  He then circled around my weak side and he busted me trying to shift.  It was a fun hearing him spitting and drumming and just hammering gobbles that close. Wildspur got into some birds as well but no kills. He saw 4 bears as well. Beautiful country there.

I think I'm headed back up Memorial day weekend to visit my family, so I should be able to sneak out for one or 2 more hunts.  It kills me to put the gear and clothes away for the year.  Just kills me.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
I managed to bump into a bird running and gunning Tuesday that I called into 15 yards, but I just couldn't get a shot.  He then circled around my weak side and he busted me trying to shift.  It was a fun hearing him spitting and drumming and just hammering gobbles that close.
I think I'm headed back up Memorial day weekend to visit my family, so I should be able to sneak out for one or 2 more hunts.
Dang it man!!! Tough year for Guns N' Hoses. :(  Well, at least you aren't eating tag soup like some of us. Good luck on the last hunt. :icon_thumright: :anim_25: