OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: persistance pays off  (Read 2410 times)

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
persistance pays off
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »
 Got on this bird and another around 8. They played for awhile but no real progress. Finally we thought they were coming and then they just shut up. Awhile later we hear them way off. Circled around and they just shut down again. Decided to go check out more of the area and left them alone. Came back and found them gobbling. Had them coming, or so we thought when instead of being in our laps they gobbled 150 yards away. Had to do something because time was getting short. Circled one more time and found the trail I am standing on in the pic. Slid down it and yelped, They were ~50 yds off. Sat down and could soon hear spitting approaching the trail. This guy stepped out and looked like he was going straight across the trail. I had a narrow window and had to take the shot before he crossed over. Checked the time and it was 1132 (we end at noon) on the 5th setup for these birds! Will be a small upgrade.

OOPS! Went to pull the pics off the camera card and no pics from today. WTH? Weird cuz when I was done I went through them all to make sure everything was focused in case I needed to retake any. There is hope...working on a fix.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:02:19 PM by MDbowman »

Offline Captain Hooks

• EZ Outdoors
Re: persistance pays off
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:45:43 PM »
Definitely persistent
Congrats

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
persistance pays off
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:50:45 AM »