OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Picked up a couple GREAT crow calls

Started by drum817, April 11, 2011, 06:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

I really like crow calls....so last week I picked up a Darrell Gibson "Classic" and a M.L. Walker crow call.  I like them both very much.  Both call makers were SUPER nice gentlemen and they both live about 15 mins. from my house, which will not be good for my wallet !!  Mr. Gibson said he would take me crow hunting after turkey season and teach me how to kill crows (tried a few times and failed badly...LOL)... BOY I can't wait.  Mr. Gibson is a WEALTH of information !!   Here are a few pics of the calls....enjoy !!

Darrell Gibson "Classic" on the Left (Spalted Oak) and M.L. Walker on the right (Walnut barrel & cocobolo mouth piece).

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Tnturkey71

Do you have some contact info on Mr. Walker :thanks:

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Bagg-it Tag-it

Do you guys have luck with locator calls (crow calls specifically). I never do. So little so that I never even carry them. I was watching a tom on Thursday and a crow flew over and taunted him with a caw caw caw caw (crows love to badger turkeys and I do often pay attention to crows cawing as it often is a good locator in itself). But the turkey never paid a bit of attention.

cannonball

Scout24

Picked up a Gibson myself a few weeks ago and while walking down to pick up my paper in the predawn hours on Saturday heard a gobbler sound off down in the valley about 1/2 mile away. My two boys had just gotten up so I dragged them to the front yard, at the crack of daylight, to teach them (with my fingers crossed) about making turkeys gobble. On my second series (biting the reeds down) I got the valley bird to sound off which in turn got another 300 yards across the street to sound off. The boys were impressed and I thank you Mr Gibson.

KYFrid

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 15, 2011, 06:37:31 PM
Do you guys have luck with locator calls (crow calls specifically). I never do. So little so that I never even carry them. I was watching a tom on Thursday and a crow flew over and taunted him with a caw caw caw caw (crows love to badger turkeys and I do often pay attention to crows cawing as it often is a good locator in itself). But the turkey never paid a bit of attention.

I've had more sucess this year with crow calls since I've bought my Michael Buckner Crow call. Birds will answer this call and not the real thing. I believe its because of the pitch of the crow call. There's a video of me crow calling in the general forum under "old timer". You can hear some gobblers answering me back every time.