OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scored this morning  (Read 2979 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Scored this morning
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
I killed the bird I blew it on Monday. Light coaxing with the Riley Corder call got him killed. Not an upgrade. 63 points.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:57:58 PM by reflexl »

Offline callaway71

Re: Scored this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »
Congrats! I killed number 2 from FC this morning as well. Not an upgrade but fun hunt. Heading to Ky this afternoon.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:47:31 PM by callaway71 »

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Scored this morning
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 12:39:01 PM »
Congratulations
I stayed home and intended to go after it passed but the wind was whipping and rather cold. Not a good combo for the woods. I've tried it several times before and haven't ever got a bird to Gobble so I'm staying home. It's raining again now. Maybe next weekend will be better weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »
Congrats! I had other obligations this morning and couldn't go. Probably would have needed a rowboat anyway. Might try a afternoon hunt if I can find time after changing out a brake caliper.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
caliper sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:07:09 PM »
Great morning and redemption. I blew it on this bird Monday. I knew where he was roosting and decided to back off. This morning I went back and decided to set a hen decoy about 40 yards in the field hoping to draw his attention away from me since it was hard to have much cover. He was the mouthiest 3 year old I have ever seen after not even gobbling Monday. I don't like calling them on the roost but he had moved to the next field down the hill. I called enough to let him know there was a hen where he had been . He flew up hill and stayed in the edge of the woods. He finally started strutting and headed for the deke. Shot him at 40 yards with my bps and a 3.5" magblend. Used a call from Riley Corder. 21lbs, 1 1/8 spurs and 10" beard.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Scored this morning
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »
Congrats guys. Wished I could have been out there this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk