OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

old winchester and remington shells

Started by tnanh, April 21, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

Just found these at a new Dunhams Sporting goods that opened today. Have no idea why they would have them at a new store but I bought them. Almost hate to shoot them but were they any good back when they were new. The Remington's are 2 3/4 inch 4s and are in a bottomland colored box. The Winchesters are 2 ounces of number 6s in a 3 inch shell.

Longshanks

tnanh

Thought they might be but I almost hate to shoot them depending on how old they are. Would be kind of nice on a shelf above a beard board or wit a mounted turkey. I guess they would look just as nice if the boxes were empty though. I know Remington's reputation for lead loads also but I wonder if these from back then were very good. By the camo on the box I am thinking they are early to mid 80s. A new Dunham's sports had its grand opening yesterday and these were on the shelf with the turkey ammo. No idea why they would have them unless they were just trying to fill up shelf space and had found them in a warehouse somewhere.

10gaugemag

Remingtons are from early to mid 90s. Used to shoot them in my 10.

The Remington Premiers are the best lead loads from my 10. Now they are a lighter green hull with brass base, not flat black.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Tennessee Lead

Nice find !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slicksbeagles1

As long as they have been stored in a cool dry (room temperature) place they should be good to go

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase