turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Hen Decoy ????

Started by Natty Bumpo, April 20, 2017, 07:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jims

I've used Avian X for years....no problem.  It's somewhat nice being able to deflate them so they are less bulky for packing. It takes about a minute to inflate and set them up.  If I'm doing much hiking I prefer a couple miss perfect.  They hardly weigh anything, set up in a flash, and can fit inside a small daypack.  It's also possible to adjust the head to either feeding, upright, or laying down in front of a jake (breeding hen).  I like upright hen for most situations since they are easier for turkeys to see in tall grass.

shaman

Quote from: 2eagles on April 20, 2017, 07:57:49 AM
It's more for you than the turkey. Turkeys seem to decoy to anything when they're in the mood. Won't come to a live hen if they don't want to. Question is what do you want to watch while you're waiting for Tommy? I use AvianX because I like them. And because they work. I really don't think I could do any better with the famous DSD!

Amen to that.  Y'all should see the first decoy I ever bought back in the mid-80's.  It looked like a cheap plastic toy-- a hard plastic shell on a stick.  It worked.  Now I see all these life-like decoys, handpainted by Italian midgets, and I have to laugh.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Laloom83

I use a miss purrfect and a primos PHD hen. The primos hen is blow up but has a fabric material around it.  I love it but unfortunately they don't make it anymore.  Have any of you tried the Cherokee brand?  They are dirt cheap but I'm concerned about shine/glare from the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

The turkeys are starting to get smarter. I hear they are starting to count legs.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club