OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Hen Decoy ????  (Read 5333 times)

Offline jims

Re: New Hen Decoy ????
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 03:12:24 AM »
I've used Avian X for years....no problem.  It's somewhat nice being able to deflate them so they are less bulky for packing. It takes about a minute to inflate and set them up.  If I'm doing much hiking I prefer a couple miss perfect.  They hardly weigh anything, set up in a flash, and can fit inside a small daypack.  It's also possible to adjust the head to either feeding, upright, or laying down in front of a jake (breeding hen).  I like upright hen for most situations since they are easier for turkeys to see in tall grass.

Offline shaman

• Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 05:49:42 AM »
It's more for you than the turkey. Turkeys seem to decoy to anything when they're in the mood. Won't come to a live hen if they don't want to. Question is what do you want to watch while you're waiting for Tommy? I use AvianX because I like them. And because they work. I really don't think I could do any better with the famous DSD!

Amen to that.  Y'all should see the first decoy I ever bought back in the mid-80's.  It looked like a cheap plastic toy-- a hard plastic shell on a stick.  It worked.  Now I see all these life-like decoys, handpainted by Italian midgets, and I have to laugh.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Offline Laloom83

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 07:09:08 AM »
I use a miss purrfect and a primos PHD hen. The primos hen is blow up but has a fabric material around it.  I love it but unfortunately they don’t make it anymore.  Have any of you tried the Cherokee brand?  They are dirt cheap but I’m concerned about shine/glare from the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 06:45:56 PM »
The turkeys are starting to get smarter. I hear they are starting to count legs.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club