turkeys for tomorrow

Double beard down, story later.

Started by jarbo03, April 18, 2017, 03:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarbo03

First double beard that wasn't a jake.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

jarbo03

Scores approx 77.50. Get scoring pics loaded tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jarbo03

Thankfully, I am self employed an have a drywall business.  Coated a bunch of repairs and sprayed some texture first thing yesterday morning, knowing I had some time while some mud dried and the fans ran, I grabbed a few goods and decided to go scouting a few of my spots.  I noticed 2 birds on a hill side 1/4 mile into a cattle ranch I hunt, after parking and getting dressed I worked my way through the woods to get within 100 yards.  Birds were working their way to some shade trees to eat and strut, I stayed quiet to see how far they would come on their own.  They stalled out about 75 yards out, gave a few yelps and they sounded off like crazy, knew we were in business.  They gobbled their way in to 40-45 yards, when they couldn't find what was calling to them, they got more cautious.  They stepped into the woods, knowing they were going to circle around, was a perfect low spot for them to follow.  Was a perfect place for them to walk out and look about 35 yards behind me, they did exactly as I expected and was waiting when he stepped out with a loud gobble.

reflexl

Great bird! Not picking but friendly reminder only the longest beard count in the contest score.

Roughneck

Happy

Nice bird. Congrats on a great hunt.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gobble!

Quote from: reflexl on April 19, 2017, 03:14:35 PM
Great bird! Not picking but friendly reminder only the longest beard count in the contest score.

I'm hoping that bird has some daggers and that score stands!

Charley B

Awsome, im self employed too, its great to be able to manage our own time afield.