turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fast Fire Question

Started by Scott4Hunting, April 18, 2017, 11:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4Hunting

Which size dot is everyone using that has a Fast Fire?  The 3 or the 8?  I am about to order me one and just wanted to see what everyone sees as the pros vs cons on dot size.  This will be my first experience in hunting turkeys with an optic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BABS9

I have a vortex venom in 3 moa and it's perfect. I looked through a buddies fastfire with 8 moa this past weekend and way too big in my opinion. He regrets getting the bigger one too.

FL-Boss

3moa for me... like it a lot.

reynolds243

if you do a search for this subject you will find a bunch of threads like this with lots and lots of replies.  general consensus is the 3 is more popular statistically but there are more than a few guys that really like the 8.  I use the 3 on both of my guns and prefer it much more than the 8, just my personal preference.

CrustyRusty

I have the 8, wish I had the 3.

Spurs Up

Quote from: CrustyRusty on April 18, 2017, 07:51:58 PM
I have the 8, wish I had the 3.

I have the 3 and the 8. Wish I had two 8's.

Bowguy

I'd try anything but the fast fire. I had a 3 n it woulda worked fine but the sight isn't well made imo and I'm a Burris guy on lots of guns

Strutr

Not a FF3, but my reflex sight has a 3MOA dot.  I'm very happy with it and pretty certain I would not want a bigger dot.

the Ward

I have a 3 and it works well, but I think for turkey I would have rather gone with the 8. Actually, I wish Burris would have made it a 5 or 6 as I think it would be better for the ranges one normally shoots at turkeys, and much quicker to pick up than a 3. But it works fine and no complaints so far, the FF is probably one of the best sights for a turkey gun. Pro's are that it's small, light, easy to mount in several ways, good battery life, Reasonably priced, and lifetime warranty. Con's for me are that it's exposed lens can get fogged/wet in rain and it could be more prone to damage without a protector.

kjnengr

This question gets asked quite a lot and actually its a matter of preference as you will see some that like the 3 MOA and some that like the 8 MOA.  I recently bought the 3 assuming that the 8 would be too big.  I am pleased with the 3 MOA and might go for a 5, but not nearly as large as an 8.  However, again it is personal preference. 

beagler

Wish they would make one in between the two sizes.
Never Misses

harleytom

I wish they would do a dot in a circle like my Eotech. Then I could have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DrDirtNap

Quote from: harleytom on April 22, 2017, 08:43:00 PM
I wish they would do a dot in a circle like my Eotech. Then I could have the best of both worlds.

I agree 100%.  The Eotech reticle is by the best but the Eotech site is a bit too big and bulky.  You would think someone would build a smaller site with a reticle similar to the Eotech.

chatterbox

I had an 8, and went to the 3.
I found it to be much better. In all reality, I prefer the 4 MOA on the FFII.

harleytom

Quote from: DrDirtNap on April 23, 2017, 08:49:47 AM
Quote from: harleytom on April 22, 2017, 08:43:00 PM

I agree 100%.  The Eotech reticle is by the best but the Eotech site is a bit too big and bulky.  You would think someone would build a smaller site with a reticle similar to the Eotech.
Yeah, they could rack up if they did. I love the size of my FF3, but miss the Eotech circle and dot. My eye just jumps to that sight picture without any conscience thought.