OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Young Ladies First and 2 Others!!  (Read 2986 times)

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Young Ladies First and 2 Others!!
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:19:08 PM »
So I had a few kids out for the Wisconsin Youth Season this Past weekend and we had some luck!!

Kaylinn (11yr old) was with me and we had a few things happen, short story was after a miss on a bird I put her on my scoped 12ga. I ended up with some Winchester Super X 12ga 2 3/4" #4's Gray Box, now she was a bit recoil shy and that is why she had her 20ga, but she had a hard time getting down on the gun and shot high. After I let her look through my scope and explained what to do, she does shoot a 12ga for trap league. Once she seen the shell and it looked like her trap loads she was ready to go. I had her with my 1187 on a rest that held the gun and is ground mounted (Staked down). Well I had the bird at 14 yards when she squeezed the trigger BIRD DOWN! After all that I asked her about shooting my 12ga and her first thing back was "Can I use it next year" :) Done Deal.

Second part of the weekend was Ryan and Sam who both scored their second birds! 2 more longbeards down for the weekend.
Bit of a story with Wyatt, he is Kaylinn's older brother and was told he couldn't shoot until his sister got hers... bad deal was we ended up letting a bird walk because she couldn't shoot and he could have... He held to his word and didn't shoot.

Weekend couldn't have been much better!

MK M GOBL

Offline nsselle

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Young Ladies First and 2 Others!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »
Congrats to you and the kids.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Young Ladies First and 2 Others!!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:44 AM »
Very cool! Congrats