OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Long Beard Availability question  (Read 1380 times)

Offline DMTJAGER

Long Beard Availability question
« on: April 07, 2022, 11:20:26 PM »
I have been thinking and becoming ever increasingly concerned as (I'm making what I feel is an pretty decent educated guess) that Long Beards are a seasonal ammunition (just like Foster and sabot shotgun ammo) as in it's produced in limited runs to be sold for only for the first three MAYBE four months of the year and that's pretty much it till next spring. Add into this we lower lip deep in the worst ammunition shortage in American history and Winchester is making so much money off the most popular rifle and HG calibers one would have to think it's a safe business bet producing that a purely seasonal ammo like Long Beard is WAAAAAY down on Winchester's ammo priority list. 

Am I correct in thinking considering as the second week of April is already beginning and turkey season is either going to be opening by the end of next week in most states if it hasn't opened already meaning if there aren't any Long beard shells on the shelves by beginning of last week of April the odds will get worse almost daily we will see wide spread OTC availability of any Long Beards and at best limited on line availability if we are lucky.

Thoughts?

Offline 457121

Re: Long Beard Availability question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 03:19:13 PM »
Yes, they are seasonal when it comes to production. Most, even almost all, hunting ammo has one production run per year. It's been that way forever but people never noticed because it was always on the shelf in the past.

Offline Ches.

Re: Long Beard Availability question
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »
Don't know where you live, but in SE Wisconsin a lot of stores have them. Dunnams, Fleet Farm, etc. Lots of 3.5", less 3", but have not seen 2 3/4". All of these were 12 GA, did not look at 20 GA.