OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public WMA access denied/ how to handle?

Started by SpurNJ, April 16, 2017, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBOSTC

Agreed, I think that by taking the high road we can accomplish so much more. As soon as we become aggressive we will look like the bad guy. If the situation requires more then by all means we must protect our rights.

Bowguy

You're def right but I never said to be aggressive. Just walk past em n enjoy the freak show

TauntoHawk

Once I got onX maps I found out much this happens with sections of public posted as private to keep people out especially narrow access strips.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Bowguy on April 19, 2017, 10:44:31 AM
You're def right but I never said to be aggressive. Just walk past em n enjoy the freak show

I know, I was using my words not yours.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 19, 2017, 10:50:20 AM
Once I got onX maps I found out much this happens with sections of public posted as private to keep people out especially narrow access strips.

I've personally experienced it myself. I was just thinking this morning about how much open to the public hunting lands go unused because of these types of actions.

Poleaxe

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on April 19, 2017, 11:08:28 AM

I've personally experienced it myself. I was just thinking this morning about how much open to the public hunting lands go unused because of these types of actions.

Don't matter what you do, this guy is gonna be telling you to wait it out or take the team path. If they call the cops then it's settled and you won't have to worry about them again. What does he expect, for 25 people to go out with protest banners to hunt there?

mikejd

Just going by your name but are you in NJ. If so go back when the fella approaches just ask for his info so that you can press hunter harassment charge. Pretty sure that will be the end of it. Also hit the record button on your cell phone so the entire conversation is recorded. Then go shoot your bird.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Poleaxe on April 19, 2017, 11:40:50 AM
Quote from: C. Brumfiel on April 19, 2017, 11:08:28 AM

Don't matter what you do, this guy is gonna be telling you to wait it out or take the team path. If they call the cops then it's settled and you won't have to worry about them again. What does he expect, for 25 people to go out with protest banners to hunt there?

More like 50...  :OGturkeyhead:

SpurNJ

Quote from: mikejd on April 19, 2017, 11:58:11 AM
Just going by your name but are you in NJ. If so go back when the fella approaches just ask for his info so that you can press hunter harassment charge. Pretty sure that will be the end of it. Also hit the record button on your cell phone so the entire conversation is recorded. Then go shoot your bird.

I get what your saying, but the problem is I shouldn't have to go to these lengths.

as mentioned in thread.. it is our right as hunting and licence/permit buyers to access it by the state,  so best to let the state CO take the signs down.

I have the guys name via XMaps ... so will give that to CO also in the case he will knock on the door and inform this guy that hes giving false info.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: SpurNJ on April 19, 2017, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: mikejd on April 19, 2017, 11:58:11 AM

I get what your saying, but the problem is I shouldn't have to go to these lengths.

as mentioned in thread.. it is our right as hunting and licence/permit buyers to access it by the state,  so best to let the state CO take the signs down.

I have the guys name via XMaps ... so will give that to CO also in the case he will knock on the door and inform this guy that hes giving false info.

you are going about it the right way, talked to the CO, have them go and remove posted signs and talk to the guy then follow up by hunting.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ruination

.410 Favors the Bold

terp

Contact the land manager.   He or she should resolve it.   

beakbuster10

I'd look at it this way, the CO says you're good to go. Go hunt. If they call the law, you're fine. Everyone around there still thinks it's posted, but you know it isn't. You just found your very own "private" public WMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALfwlmth

Quote from: Uvagobbler on April 17, 2017, 01:57:40 PM
I would try to have the conservation officer meet with you and talk to the landowners in person. Let him  breakdown the law and explain that their are consequences if they post the wma property and hinder you from hunting it. Let him do all the talking and keep a cool head.
Do this and you'll have the situation handled quickly.  Plus you can take said CO afterwards and buy his breakfast.  May find a friend for life and it never hurts to have a CO's cell number on speed dial. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelpy

Quote from: WNCTracker on April 16, 2017, 06:28:50 PM
Quote from: guesswho on April 16, 2017, 06:06:02 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on April 16, 2017, 04:24:41 PM
Walk in n screw the a hole.
Pretty much my view on it as well.  And if he wanted to push the issue I'd hang out after my hunt until the law git there to sort it out.   If it turns out I was wrong Id apologize and not come back, if I was right I'd be back the next time I wanted to hunt there.
I'm pretty passive but someone posting public land needs to have their balances checked.  Screw that d-bag and shoot "his" gobblers

They can be fined for posting public land.