OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I am sold on a 10ga.

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 11, 2011, 11:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

On the youth hunt this weekend, my buddy had a kid use his 10ga and he smoked a jake at 51 steps.  I stepped it off and watched it all happen.  I will be saving up for a 10ga.  I am thinking about getting a single shot.

BigPeck215

you wont be sorry with a NEF single shot 10ga, the gun weights over 10lbs so the recoil is fairly tame, i love their simplicity and the fact that you can knock them around and not worry about ruining a $1000 gun, plus they're only around $250 NIB with snyth camo stocks and i've seen them used for well under $200, in fact i gave 135 otd for mine used

if EM holds true and comes out with the 10ga mag blend this fall i think there are going to be a whole lot of guys hitting the gunstores looking for 10ga's

wisconsinteacher

I just bougth a .338 WinMag so I have to wait for a bit to look for a 10ga.  I will keep my eyes open and if one comes up, I will grab it.

cannonball

I am jumping on the 10 gauge bandwagon this year too. Already asked the wife to get me a NEF for Christmas.

woodchip

I've been wanting a NEF 10 for awhile.  Stupid me I passed up the deal of the century on one about 2yrs ago.  I walked into a "junk store" because of their case knife sign that was next to a restaurant me and my family ate at.  Well tucked back in the corner was a couple racks of long guns and a case of handguns.  Immediately I noticed the NEF 10 and picked it up.  The thing looked like new, and if I remember right had the NWTF logo on it.  They were only asking $140 for it.  But my wife was in college and things were tight so I let it go.  I've regretted it every since!  I do know where one is used but they have it priced too high!

Dan Mallia

Yeah I'm probably going to buy one of those NEF 10's for next season.  :you_rock: