OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Thugs- Yildiz and Sumtoy  (Read 6388 times)

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Turkey Thugs- Yildiz and Sumtoy
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Yildiz 12 ga with Sumtoy choke at 40 yards:
Both are 3" turkey thug loads 99 count is #6's the 76 count is #4's

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Turkey Thugs- Yildiz and Sumtoy
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
how is that with them shells.  I have not shot any of them to know.  I know it sounds good compared to the Win XRs numbers. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 03:07:59 PM »
What barrel length and constriction on choke? I think I was getting somewhere in the upper 120's low 130's with the 3 inch thug 6's with a .650 Sumtoy in a 28" barrel. Those were great shells for the money! I still have a few left, should have bought more when I had a chance.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 03:11:53 PM »
What barrel length and constriction on choke? I think I was getting somewhere in the upper 120's low 130's with the 3 inch thug 6's with a .650 Sumtoy in a 28" barrel. Those were great shells for the money! I still have a few left, should have bought more when I had a chance.
I wonder if the blue box strut shok is the same shell?

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »
I think there were some posts on O.G. back when the thugs first came out where someone took both the thugs and strut shocks apart and compared them. If I remember right, there were a few small differences. I think the powder charge/type and wad was a little different? They worked great though!

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »
I think there were some posts on O.G. back when the thugs first came out where someone took both the thugs and strut shocks apart and compared them. If I remember right, there were a few small differences. I think the powder charge/type and wad was a little different? They worked great though!
I think you are right. Those patterns will kill turkeys!
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 05:13:40 PM »
24" plus an additional 1 1/2-2" with the choke.  Mr. William may correct me but I think it is a .650?  I just told him I wanted a 30-40 yard choke.  He makes another one that is for pellet hounds that want to see max pellets in 10" at 40 yards.  I would think that this would mean reduced halo outside of 10"

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
I would hunt with them :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline edward.penny

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »
I would hunt either of those patterns!

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Offline grousec

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 02:59:53 PM »
I have a box of Federal 12 ga 3 1/2" Turkey Thugs 2 oz #6 nothing to shoot it out of.  Any interest?