OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I need a better facemask

Started by Life of Riley, April 10, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobofly

I am using the under armor real tree face ask and it is great, especially on cold mornings

Marc

I believe my current mask is a Hunter's Specialties full mesh mask.

Plenty of bugs, as well as warm weather where I hunt (although cool mornings).

I do NOT want a mouth hole, cause I want to be able to move my mouth for the mouth call when birds are close.
I like the mesh, cause it is less hot, and does not fog my glasses as bad on cool mornings.
The mesh fits loosely enough to keep ants and other critters from biting me.

I wear mine under my hat in such a way I can quickly pull it down...  I find it easier to pull it down, than pull a 3/4 mask up...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Jimspur

Quote from: merriamsman on March 04, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 12, 2017, 12:43:33 PM
I like the simple and cheap H.S.Strut 3/4 mesh mask...I have used these for years after having the same issues with a bunch of different ones like your having.

I'll second this.
I'll third this.

tomstopper

Check these out. I bought 5 and they seem ok. For $20 for 5, I will give them a shot.

https://safishing.com/shop/5-p...20180427023357:s#configuration

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Alberta Jonny

The Sitka mesh mask has been working great for me, didn't have any issues with fogging up this spring.

Muzzy61

Quote from: compton30 on May 19, 2017, 04:49:05 AM
I use a facemask for turks but use a burnt cork for archery as facepaint and that stuff comes off very easy.

^^^^ This
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Muzzy61 on December 07, 2018, 01:24:08 PM
Quote from: compton30 on May 19, 2017, 04:49:05 AM
I use a facemask for turks but use a burnt cork for archery as facepaint and that stuff comes off very easy.

^^^^ This
Remember doing this for a Halloween costume back in the 80's, works real well from what I recall.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gobble!

Quote from: tomstopper on May 01, 2018, 09:32:29 AM
Check these out. I bought 5 and they seem ok. For $20 for 5, I will give them a shot.

That what I use and look cool doing it I might add.

Jrkimbrough

I use the UA mesh mask with the drawstring.  Best mask I've ever found but they look like they are discontinued.  The Nomad mask on the Mossy Oak website looks to be the same design.  The drawstring top to adjust fit and the length are the key features in my opinion

bobk

I am a eye glass wearer and recently  purchased a Sitka face mask. It seems that this maybe the best face cover that I have used. We will see this spring.

silvestris

I used to use a dark-colored face paint until a buddy said I was a racist.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

tomstopper

Quote from: Gobble! on December 17, 2018, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: tomstopper on May 01, 2018, 09:32:29 AM

That what I use and look cool doing it I might add.
Cheap too so if I lose one here or there, I dont get upset

wchadw

Quote from: RiverRoost on April 11, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
The ol Tom half buff or performance half mask. It's extremely thin and breathable and can be snatched down around your neck in no time if you need to up and move. Mouth calls sound fine coming through it

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-OLT3170

Of course macks is a little high on price.

x2 i have this one and like the fact that is pull up/down and has breathing holes where you mouth and nose go.  not too hot and doesn't fall down.  i can stick a trumpet mouth piece thru the holes to run it

Gen.27:3

Quote from: EZ on April 12, 2017, 12:24:08 PM
Simple, cheap, works great. This is the mask I've been using for 30+ years. The wire forms around your eyes and nose and elastic keeps it pulled tight so you can always see. Keep it around your neck while walking. Pulls up quickly and is light and cool.

https://www.quakerboy.com/product/bandito-elite/

I agree, this is my personal favorite as well!!
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

rraymond

Seen yesterday the mossy oak store has some.nice ones on sale. I have the nomad facemask it seems nice haven't used it in the field yet though.