turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I need a better facemask

Started by Life of Riley, April 10, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctrize

Full net when bugs are bad half with my hat pulled down most of the time.

Bork

I have been using the full head net mask that comes with a leafy suit.  Fits over hat and all and has elastic around the head for the eyes and when the elastic wears out it has a draw string to snug it around the face.  Doesn't hamper the use of a mouth call or yelper.  Works great for me.

Takeaim1st

Go boonie insect headnet. Military surplus. It looks thin but, gobblers have never seemed to notice. Also keeps insects of all sorts from pestering you. I wear glasses and the additional air flow and room stops the problem of fogging.

randy6471

As some others have said, it's Quaker Boy Bandito 3/4 for me. I've been using them for around 30 years and have tried other, but always go back to the Bandito. It's always around my neck and ready to go if I have a quick set up. The wire frame around the eyes is another plus, as I wear glasses and I'm able to form it around my glasses in a way that keeps them from fogging up. It just works well for me.

Sir-diealot

I'll be listing several next week for trade, have a hard time finding ones I like. I have 2 coming this week that will be listed if I do not like them as well all in a lot with the others.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Notsoyoungturk

Mossy Oak had a new mask at the show.  I have avoided masks due to fogging of my glasses but this one breathes so well it is not a problem.  Just cinch the cord and go.  No more face paint.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

compton30

I'm gonna make a play on the Nomad Loose Fit gaiter before season starts. Looks awesome. Hoping to find a less than full price deal

DP42912

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 02, 2019, 08:04:04 PM
Mossy Oak had a new mask at the show.  I have avoided masks due to fogging of my glasses but this one breathes so well it is not a problem.  Just cinch the cord and go.  No more face paint.
Mine came in yesterday, I like it better than the full head net...

silvestris

My Mossy Oak half something or other came in today and I think it will be a winner.  I like the cinch cord.  Now if I can find a bird to test it out.  It doesn't clear my lower eyelids well, though.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Turkeyman

I have 2 facemasks, one is the 3/4 mesh mask with the copper bendable wire around the eyes and  elastic headband. The other is a full headnet which, when buggy, I pull over my head, hat and all. At imes, if just a few bugs, I'll spin the 3/4 mask around to the back and just look through the mesh. Another advantage of looking through the mesh and not the opening is if hens are involved. They're very good at picking up your eyes.

When I first started turkey hunting I used face paint. I found it very uncomfortable...particularly if I sweated at all. But I go back a ways...there were no headnets then...they came along later. Plus I feel much more "hidden" with a mask. As far as those tight-fitting spandex masks I wouldn't be able to stand anything tight to my face like that.

strum

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 02, 2019, 08:04:04 PM

is this it?

https://www.amazon.com/Mossy-Oak-Camo-Mesh-Hunting/dp/B07GNNT7SH

tha bugman

I picked up a Nomad loose fit headnet at the Mossy Oak turkey show they had at the store.  They had it reduced to 19.99  I have been wearing it listening in the mornings just to try it out and I really like it. 

Timmer

I'm partial to facemasks attached to a cap, but with the facemask coming off the bill of the cap and no eye opening.  With the material coming off the bill. it isn't rubbing against your skin, and the bugs can't bite you through it.  I've got 3 that are getting worn out.  I bought mine from Bass Pro but I'm not seeing any out there now :'(
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!