OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I need a better facemask

Started by Life of Riley, April 10, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on May 18, 2017, 02:19:21 PM
Quote from: guesswho on April 20, 2017, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: tha bugman on April 19, 2017, 02:19:38 PM
facepaint
I went with facepaint late last season and been using it ever since.  I wish I had done it years ago.  It's kind of a pain getting off but well worth it to me.  I can hear, see and breathe better.

Baby wipes will take it right off.
thanks for the tip half the time I can't find the HS strut makeup remover.And the soapy water doesn't always get it completely out.

Double B

The dark facepaint makes us older fellas look younger too, just like the touch of gray ads.   I came home one day from hunting this spring and had cleaned up some with wipes but still had a bunch of dark in my white beard.   Wife spun around and said,  Wow you look 10 years younger!     :camohat:
Followed by buzzards

Strutr

I was going through some of my old gear this year and found my old boonie hat (in original bottomland camo) with attached mask.  For some reason, I retired it years ago, probably after buying some newer camo.  It got put back into service this season.  I had forgotten how much I liked having that attached mask feature.  This old hat still has great mojo as I managed to kill two good PA gobblers while wearing it.   

Happy

Quote from: Double B on May 21, 2017, 10:09:27 AM
The dark facepaint makes us older fellas look younger too, just like the touch of gray ads.   I came home one day from hunting this spring and had cleaned up some with wipes but still had a bunch of dark in my white beard.   Wife spun around and said,  Wow you look 10 years younger!     :camohat:
All my daughter does is giggle at my "guy liner" and offer to teach me how to put on my makeup right. My wife jokingly tells me to keep it on cause it looks hot.  Oh the tribulations of a modern turkey hunter. Least they all know me at the local gas stations and don't hit the panic button when I walk in the store.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RS

Quote from: Strutr on May 25, 2017, 07:14:59 PM
I was going through some of my old gear this year and found my old boonie hat (in original bottomland camo) with attached mask.  For some reason, I retired it years ago, probably after buying some newer camo.  It got put back into service this season.  I had forgotten how much I liked having that attached mask feature.  This old hat still has great mojo as I managed to kill two good PA gobblers while wearing it.   

I'm 58 and have had to wear glasses full time since the 4th grade.  I've been using the same ball cap with attached mesh mask since 2002.  When it wears out I'll be looking for another as close to that one as I can find.

eddie234

I've been using a primos 3/4 face mask for years. I just ordered a ol Tom full face mask and I think it will be my new favorite. Both have the mouth cut out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forked lighting

Bought 4 0f   these at walmart this morning were 10.00 marked down to 4.00

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Turkeyman

Well, I can't tolerate anything snug to my face. Also can't stand any face paint...I sweat too much! Thus I wear one of those 3/4 headnets with the oblong eyehole and pull it up when needed.

243kid

Got an Ol Tom half mask for Christmas wore it once the first day, shot a gobbler and left it in the woods.

shaman

I started turkey hunting years before  dedicated turkey  gear was common.  I have been hunting for 35+ years with a wide-brimmed camo booney hat and a piece of camo mesh tied like a veil.  When I'm out walking, the veil is pulled back over my neck. When I sit down, I pull it up so it's sitting bunched up on top of the hat.  If I'm surprised by a gob, all I have to do is tilt my head forward and the veil falls down over my face.  It's just loose enough that I've got a slit between the top of the veil and the brim of my hat.  It's old-school, but it works.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Uncle Tom

Was walking out of woods like 6-7 yrs. ago, and walked up on a mask laying on the ground. It was one of these leafy-type that fits over head...eyes/mouth holes. Someone had dropped it and was never able to determine who...been wearing it ever since. Have several but like this one best...have had some birds real close...never knew I was there. Mask is a confidence thing to me...want to feel like I am part of the woods and clothing you wear can give you little extra confidence, besides, we need all we can get when dealing with ole eagle eyes.

albrubacker

Made it myself. Camo mesh with some leafy strips stitched to then attached to cap.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Forked lighting on May 28, 2017, 10:49:06 AM
Bought 4 0f   these at walmart this morning were 10.00 marked down to 4.00

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
I really like those and stocked up on them myself .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

batsonbe

Any of you wear glasses? I need a new mask that won't fog up my glasses. Thank you