OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: This morning  (Read 2637 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
This morning
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »
Took off today to hunt. Been tough so far. Birds henned up. Birds have started roosting on property accross the fence that I can't hunt. Other? property accross the river. I got as close as I could and still leave some room to work the birds. A few gobbles before fly down. Hens were within  100 yards. I called a bit and they came in on a string. All of the sudden 3 birds started gobbling about a 1/4 mile away. I called and they answered. I could tell they were coming. They hung up and gobbled their heads off. After 45 minutes I could tell they weren't moving. I took off in their direction. River. I have got singles to cross a river before but the 3 amigos weren't budging. I am back where I started giving them some time in case there were some birds on this side. Beautiful morning.

Ended up seeing 4 hens. 1 bird crossed the fence about the time i had to go. Going in the morning and moving about 200 yards closer to the bird on my side.

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
This morning
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
Good luck!
Hopefully you will kill him tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: This morning
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »