turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Versamax choke recommendations

Started by Tsawyer340, December 14, 2016, 08:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsawyer340

Just picked up a Remington Versamax with a 28" barrel. Wondering what choke tube will pattern best in this gun.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Tsawyer340 on December 14, 2016, 08:11:20 PM
Just picked up a Remington Versamax with a 28" barrel. Wondering what choke tube will pattern best in this gun.

Based upon feedback from folks who've purchased chokes from my site, the hands down winner for the Versa Max has been the JEBS turkey choke. The .655 exit diameter has worked best with most shells as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Tsawyer340

Quote from: allaboutshooting on December 14, 2016, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: Tsawyer340 on December 14, 2016, 08:11:20 PM

Based upon feedback from folks who've purchased chokes from my site, the hands down winner for the Versa Max has been the JEBS turkey choke. The .655 exit diameter has worked best with most shells as well.

Thanks,
Clark

Thanks for your help

allaboutshooting

You're welcome. Please let me know any time I may be of any help whatsoever and I'll do my best to be of assistance.

Thanks,
Clark

Ihuntoldschool

Try a turkey choke, Carlson's makes a couple good ones at reasonable prices for the VersaMax.  The gun is an excellent shooter, you don't have to spend a small fortune on a turkey choke. The Remington Probore turkey choke is also a good option.  The JEBS may be okay but there are many others that are just as good or even better at more reasonable prices.

Tsawyer340

Any thoughts on an Indian Creek black diamond on the versamax??

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Tsawyer340 on January 17, 2017, 08:45:39 PM
Any thoughts on an Indian Creek black diamond on the versamax??

Indian Creek makes a very good choke tube and it would also be a good choice. From what I've seen however, I believe that you'd be more satisfied with the JEBS and its even and dense patterns with your gun.

Thanks,
Clark

Assault

I shoot two different Versamax.... one for waterfowl hunting and the other for squirrel and turkey..... I use the Hevi-shot, Hevi-13 choke..... with magnum blend 3.5".........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfishlee

I have tried the indian creek and it did not  perform as well as stock. I keep seeing the Jebs .655 is good but I have not seen any pattern test.  Would love to see pictures and hit counts compared to factory.