OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Crawling while hunting - Please Share Your Stories  (Read 3887 times)

Offline mnbirdbuster

Re: Crawling while hunting - Please Share Your Stories
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »
Only time you should crawl is when you will most certainly lose sight of bird in the process of crawling only to be close enough to reach out and touch him when you finally find him again which at that point you damn sure.dont move...This happened to me once and was last time i tried it  :z-dizzy:

Offline thunderbirder

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 12:02:42 AM »
I one time crawled through about 200yds of cow manure. When I got to the woodline i had corn in my shirt pockets. Thats recycled corn. I did get that bird by the way.
Now that is dedication.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 08:28:43 AM »
I've done it before, it's 50/50.  Might put you in a good spot or might pin you down.  Never know until you try but like anything be cautious, especially if your hunting property with others.

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 08:33:19 AM »
The only time I've crawled while turkey hunting, was trying to get back up out of my turkey lounger. Too many hours and cramped up. Comical sight I'm sure....................................LOL.
 :OGturkeyhead: