OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 1100 NWTF 20ga  (Read 2664 times)

Offline dbishop

1100 NWTF 20ga
« on: April 08, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
I was fortunate enough to acquire an 1100 20ga NWTF 25th anniversary shotgun for my wife and daughter to use.  It's a full camo youth model with 21" vent rib barrel with fiber optic sights.  Seems to be a super clean little gun that's almost in new condition. I'm really looking forward to getting some rounds through it to see what it will do.   I'm likely going to try Federal #7 heavy shot with a Carlson's and a Primos jellyhead to see which shoots the best.  I have a feeling that this little gun will end up spending quite a bit of time with me in the woods this spring, lol.

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
Re: 1100 NWTF 20ga
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 10:46:42 PM »
good luck
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline Brs2427

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 09:38:46 PM »
That's a perfect gun! A gas operated light 20 gauge should be real easy on recoil for them

Offline dbishop

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
Finally shot this little gun yesterday with the only aftermarket choke I had...a Carlson's .575 extended turkey choke.  This shotgun does not like that choke at all!  I tried Fed HW 7s, Winchester longbeard XR 6s, Federal 3rd degree, Winchester Elite HTL 4s, Reminton buffered magnum 6s, Kent diamond 6s.  Nothing shot a consistent pattern at 40 yards...all were spotty at best...and the winchester 4s were pretty much a joke.  I guess maybe I've just seen too many pattern pics on here that are incredibly dense that I'm expecting too much from this little gun, lol.   I guess pretty much any of those shells will be fine at any range my wife or daughter may be shooting...I just figured I'd try and get the most out of it I can in case I decide to take it for a trip in the woods.  I borrowed a Primos jellyhead from a buddy of mine to try out tomorrow after work...if that doesn't work...I may have to try one of the custom chokes you fellas keep talking about.

Offline Tailwalk

• The Boss Gobbler
1100 NWTF 20ga
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
Want to sell it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »
Don't give up, try a tighter choke. I have basically the same gun. 1100 youth and with a haymaker .560 choke and Federal HW 7 it will do in the upper 160's at forty yards and 150's with longbeards.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE