turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ordering FF3's and need help

Started by RiverRoost, April 03, 2017, 10:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I'm about to order FF3's for my sx3 with cantilever and my dads M2 which is getting drilled and tapped right now. Do I need to order anything specific for these two guns to mount?

Ridge Rooster

For your sx3 with cantilever you need to make sure that you order the model that comes with picatinny mount. For your dads M2 you need to decide what base you want to use. If you are installing a Weaver type then he will also need the picatinny mount. If he is going with something other, like a Burris 336 base then he needs to order the 336 base and a FF3 with or without Weaver style mount as the Weaver style mount is removeable. The FF3 mounts directly on the 336 base. If he does decide to go with the 336, then he needs to wait until you get the base so that the gunsmith, if he is not familiar with the 336, will need it for a template to get receiver drilled/tapped for correct hole spacing.

Ask more questions if you need any other information. I have mounted about 6, no expert, but have mounted them in several configurations.

Ridge Rooster

Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

RiverRoost

Any idea how high this will sit up on my rail once mounted on my sx3.

Ridge Rooster

Not familiar with the Winchester but I would say the Weaver mount is about 1/4" then you could figure another 1/4 or 3/8 to the actual dot. I would guess about 1/2" or slightly higher. It shouldn't be to high, your win has a raised cheAK piece dosnt it? That will help.

Ridge Rooster

RiverRoost

So I looked at my guns description on Cabelas and it says the gun has a "weaver-style rail design". Do I need weaver mount or picatinny

RiverRoost

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on April 05, 2017, 09:43:31 PM
Not familiar with the Winchester but I would say the Weaver mount is about 1/4" then you could figure another 1/4 or 3/8 to the actual dot. I would guess about 1/2" or slightly higher. It shouldn't be to high, your win has a raised cheAK piece dosnt it? That will help.

Ridge Rooster

Yes it is the longbeard edition that has interchangeable cheek pieces and recoil pads so I should be good there just didn't want to have something sticking way off the gun looking all weird.

Ridge Rooster

It will look good. I use a FF3 and Weaver/Picatinny mount and Warne base on my SBE2 Steady Grip and it doesn't look to high or out of place. I also have a hunting buddy who uses the same FF3 with similar Warne base on his and another hunting buddy who uses the same style base on his Remington 870 to mount his FF3. They all look and function great. You will like the FF3, as it gives you the best sight picture of anything I have tried on a turkey gun.
I thought the Winchesters had a interchangeable cheek piece, that is a really nice feature. I use God A Grip cheek riser pads on my SBE's, mainly for comfort but it also raises my eye a little.

Good Luck

Ridge Rooster