turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mentor Merriam Turkey Hunt Offer

Started by rockymtngobblers, April 03, 2017, 08:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockymtngobblers

I see we have a lot of beginner turkey hunters here and am willing to take any member here on a Merriam's turkey hunt here in S.W. Colorado. You will learn how to roost turkeys, different calling techniques when and why to use different calls and how to react to gobbler behavior. I have been hunting turkeys for 23 years and have been taking a gobbler home every year for many years.  I can guarantee you will roost birds some will be on non huntable private and some on N.F. and I can guarantee you will get a shot at a turkey, after the hunt you will know the area where the turkeys travel and be able to hunt the area on your own as long as you desire. This hunt will be on low pressured N.F. and a Wild life area. I will require a small fee just to pay for my gas and food for the trip, I'm not a guide just a long time hunter willing to help other hunters.
:funnyturkey:

This offer  is now closed
Female hunter hunting the wild turkey for over 20 years.
Earn your gobbler, no Roost shooting.

kjnengr

Wow, what a nice gesture.  I only wish I could take you up on your offer but Colorado is a long way from Louisiana.  I am "decent" at calling but the knowledge from experience of interacting with turkeys is what I seek. 

Bowguy

rockymtngobblers

Thanks guys, I'm self taught  but I'd like to help someone learn a bit faster.

WisTurk

Too bad that's such a long ways from me otherwise I'd love to take you up on the offer.  I've been hunting turkeys for a few years but still consider myself a bit of a novice yet still learning. 

Gentry

Sounds like something I might be interested in for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeafGobbler

How long does the season run there!

If I didn't just book a flight to a buddies place to chase birds in Virginia I would definitely take you up on this!

I'm in Florida and don't mind at all the distance. If not this year, would be interested in next!

Very kind of you.

rockymtngobblers

Season  runs April 8th- to late may, I may do this next year or swap  a hunt. This year, opening weekend I'm taking a father and son never turkey hunted but are big game hunters.

Rzrbac

That's a very nice offer!  Sure would like to find an offer like that for elk. :TooFunny:

davisd9

Man, I would love to learn. May have to take up the offer one day to learn what to do on one of them Merriams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

2eagles

Going to be vacationing in Durango area the end of May. Stopping in Pueblo to visit my dad and his wife on the way. My wife would probably call me a turkey and shoot me if I snuck in a hunting side trip. I like the idea of a hunt swap at some point. Nice offer!

nv3230

Thats a great offer! I am looking for a mentor, but reside in CA. Any chance this offer will stand for next spring? I would enjoy coming to you to learn. I would be able tot secure the time required to travel.

thanks!--N

rockymtngobblers

Thanks guys, I  will most likely not do this next year becouse part of the offer was being able to hunt the area as many years as you choose on your own and so I  don't want the area spoiled with to many hunters.