turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Birds and snakes

Started by dirt road ninja, April 03, 2017, 09:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Saw plenty of both. Had good gobbling and saw a few birds, sign was everywhere. The season should go well. Did see a few snakes, 2 were poisonous.

Bowguy

Good eating right there! Tastes like chicken

dirt road ninja

Not sure if you've ever dealt with a cottonmouth, but they stink. Never ever considered cleaning one.

trkehunr93

So glad we don't have those around here, spend enough time watching for rattlesnakes and copperheads

Bowguy

Quote from: dirt road ninja on April 03, 2017, 10:02:01 AM
Not sure if you've ever dealt with a cottonmouth, but they stink. Never ever considered cleaning one.
I haven't but turtles stink, so do rabbits-ugh. Skin out any venomous snakes n the innards will give you the willies w all the rotten stuff half decayed

dirt road ninja

Cleaned plenty of turtles, frogs and a few snakes. Cotton mouths stink while alive. You sometimes smell them before you see them. They plain nasty.

Bowguy

Rzrbac

I posted on another thread about how they stink when you kill one.  We have a lot of those. Oddly enough there's supposed to be rattlesnakes, every year somebody kills one.  I have wanted to run across one for years so I can get his rattles.  It seems like I'm the only person who never sees one.

davisd9

Would rather run into the moccasins and copperheads rather than a big timber. At least if you get bit by them it is more aggravation than anything else, as long as you are not allergic or get an infection.

A timber can be bad news in many ways. You can smell a rattlesnake as well, the smell is not as bad as the moccasins but once you smell it and connect the dots it will always catch your attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rzrbac

That's good to know.  I don't plan on getting bit but his rattlers are going home with me.

Rzrbac

I did get to pet this one back in February at a deer show in Little Rock. They wouldn't let me cut his rattlers off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

Killed this one early this past deer season.

Bowguy

Little guy lol! Our rattlers are sometimes fat but none of our snakes get that big

Rzrbac

That's a nice one. I bet he had a lot of rattles.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Rzrbac on April 04, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
That's a nice one. I bet he had a lot of rattles.

Not really. Must have been injured, next one I kill - I'll send you the rattles.