turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Texas Rio hammered with a crossbow by 6 year old

Started by EL_CAPITAN, March 28, 2017, 12:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EL_CAPITAN

I have been reading Old Gobbler for about a year now. I learned a lot along the way and first want to extend my gratitude to all of the members who make this forum what it is.

I posted this on Gobble Map but thought I would include it here as well with a better picture and a link to the youtube video I made today. I'm sure she would fire the cameraman if she could but I pay the bills so she is stuck with me! :icon_thumright:

https://youtu.be/f7HmHAJZLAM

Youth season and daughters 1st Turkey hunt. Set up just before dawn in a pop up blind and settled in for fly down. 2 Dave Smith Decoys (3/4 Jake and Upright Hen) and an Avian X feeder hen staked at 14 yards. Wind was up so we couldn't hear the birds come off the roost but set up in a display area and waited. Gobbles, clucks, yelps, and purrs started about 7:45-8. Hens and Jakes wandered through our spread and a few series of yelps from Primos Hook Up box call along with the sweet sound of real hens brought the big boy in on a rope. The Tom went straight to the Jake and started beating on him so hard he bent the 5/16" metal stake. My daughter shot him with her Parker Challenger II crossbow (on a tripod), Parker Red Hot arrows, and NAP 100gr Double Cross mechanical broadheads. He stumbled about 3 feet and then took a faceplant. Great day in the woods and a happy little girl!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny