OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Williams ghost ring peep  (Read 2610 times)

Online Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Williams ghost ring peep
« on: April 02, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »
Had a fiasco w a fast fire. Actually was on the gun less than 12 hours when I removed it. I needed sights on a gun n the reg Williams sights seem to sit high so I tried the peep.
I use peeps on my AR, another rifle for I sold it n an old 10 ga. Being a bowhunter it seems so sensical.
Gotta be honest it sat much lower on gun than the reg irons. I loved it.
It's only 20 bucks on Amazon n cheaper than the irons. I'd certainly look into em if you need to adjust poi n don't have sights. Tougher option if think than red dots but use will tell me that

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
Re: Williams ghost ring peep
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:38:56 PM »
what was the issue with the fast fire?

Online Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:06:01 PM »
Well the battery took an hour to screw in without stripping. I thread things all day long so it shoulda been easy. Battery out cover set easier.
After 2 timeouts to unfrustrate myself I got it set. Turned it on. The glass on higher setting had red steaks. Couldn't really see dot. Lower setting a comet type tail going southeast.
Next day I set it to auto which to be fair worked ok.
One shot w a light, target reload n the battery cover popped off n that plus the battery fell into the snow.
Went home n took it off n returned it.
How can anyone use something so unreliable? I ain't

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:27:29 AM »
If you try another red dot and see distortion in the dot, try taking a picture of it. If the dot looks like it oughta in the pic, the problem is your eyes. That doesn't address the battery cover of course. Sounds like a lemon in that department.

I have a Fastfire. To my eyes, the dot is distorted as you describe. I use it anyway. The trick is to not use it like you would an iron sight or bead. With metallic sights you focus hard on the front sight or bead and let the rear sight and target blur out. With a red dot you just look at the target and let the dot ghost over it where you want to hit.

Holographic sights work better if your eyes don't like red dots. Supposedly Trijicon red dots are a little better.

Online Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
Thanks my buddy has an eotech that looks perfect to me