OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Georgia Bird  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Turkeykiller12

Georgia Bird
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:05:46 PM »
Had a good mid morning hunt today. Bird should score around 63 or 64. I'll enter it for the contest this evening.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Georgia Bird
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:27:54 PM »
Nice bird congrats!!

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
Congrats!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Cool! I figured it wouldn't take you long to get one. Congrats, looking forward to hearing the details.

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:51:29 PM »
Congrats, nice one.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 05:04:04 PM »
Congratulations buddy! As stated, I knew it would not take long for you to get you one!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline SwampRooster17

• The Boss Gobbler
Georgia Bird
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »
Nice bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Turkeykiller12

Georgia Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »
3-29-17 Mid Morning hunt in Haralson County, GA. My 9 yr old Hunter and I left out early this morning hoping to get him a bird. We went to a piece of property that in the past has been full of turkeys that really like to die this time of year. We didn't have much luck and about 9am Hunter was wanting a biscuit so we headed home. I went to head out for a mid morning hunt and Hunter said he didn't want to go! He's getting that lazy bone in him when much walking is involved. Lol. I made my way to another piece of property that is made up of about 50 acres of pastures with cattle and 60 acres of hardwoods with Pine ridge tops that join the pastures from the south and west. There is usually always some birds in one of the fields and today was no different. In total I figured there were at least 6 gobblers scattered around the back part of the pasture. I made my way to the woods and started calling a little bit. It didn't take long and they were fired up. I had 3 gobblers leave the field, fly over a fence and come in the woods with me. I had to setup quickly and didn't get to set up in an ideal spot. The birds went up the ridge across the hollow from me gobbling every few minutes. They headed away from me going towards the southern end of the property. There were still some birds gobbling in the pasture at this time. I decided to try and circle those 3 gobblers that walked away from me. I've had access to this property for a long time and have never killed a bird on it. These field birds are tough and these in particular have been very smart. I was thinking my game plan thru as I was easing around circling the birds thinking about everytime I have got my butt kicked there and was sure it was fixing to happen again. Lol! I got to a spot high up on a ridge where I figured I should have been a little west of this group of gobblers. I blew my crow call and it seems that this group had moved a little faster. They gobbled but weren't any closer and sure not where I wanted them to be. There was now a different bird gobbling back down towards the pasture. I sat down for a second and called and he seemed to be getting closer. I sat quietly not knowing what kinda trick one of these birds was going to pull next. He gobbled again and he was closer. He's coming in from my left so I scooted around the tree and got ready. I called real soft and he gobbled. I got my gun up, knocked the safety off and was looking for a head. I could hear foot steps coming thru the hardwoods and I started searching hard for him. He came into sight around some brush a little to my left. I had to slowly swing my gun over about a foot to get a shot. I put that tru glo bead on his neck and squeezed the trigger. He started flopping and the rest is history. It was definitely good to get a little redemption on this particular farm. Headed back out with Hunter in the morning to try and get him one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 07:21:51 AM »
Great hunt!  Glad you finally got one off that piece of property!  Congratulations again and I got your score up.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 12:42:57 PM »
Awesome!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 10:10:30 AM »
Nice bird