turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Few more days

Started by wmn2, March 29, 2017, 11:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmn2

My 8 year old and I will be in the woods Saturday morning for SC opening day. Have to be home by about 1230 for momma to go to work, but we are both excited. Gun and gear is clean and sorted and prepped, clothes are getting their spray of permethrin today or tomorrow, and I've already prepped him on the 2am wake up to ensure we are the first ones to the parking area for our spot. People here are usually very good on talking before setting out to make sure they won't be crowding you. That was my experience last year at least. I even got some tips for the area I was in from a few guys one morning. I'm going to pack my sons Nintendo DS and some earbuds in case he gets bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmn2

We are out. I brought the groundblind and folding chairs for him to be more comfortable. I felt like I was in the marines again. He wanted to carry the decoy bag, so dad had his gun, vest, ground blind bag and backpack with snacks and games. The groundblind bag I was able to stuff two folding chairs in. Let's just say I'm a little sweaty after the hike in.

Hunter1979

Good luck! Hope it's a short hunt!

wmn2

No dice today. Kid has some ears though. I could just barely hear a gobble and he was pointing it out to me. On the walk out we saw one lone hen. Met a guy walking out too and he was on the other side of the property and he said they were going crazy this morning over there. We will try again next week probably