OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Texas Rio hammered with a crossbow by 6 year old  (Read 2981 times)

Offline EL_CAPITAN

Texas Rio hammered with a crossbow by 6 year old
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »
I have been reading Old Gobbler for about a year now. I learned a lot along the way and first want to extend my gratitude to all of the members who make this forum what it is.

I posted this on Gobble Map but thought I would include it here as well with a better picture and a link to the youtube video I made today. I'm sure she would fire the cameraman if she could but I pay the bills so she is stuck with me! :icon_thumright:

https://youtu.be/f7HmHAJZLAM

Youth season and daughters 1st Turkey hunt. Set up just before dawn in a pop up blind and settled in for fly down. 2 Dave Smith Decoys (3/4 Jake and Upright Hen) and an Avian X feeder hen staked at 14 yards. Wind was up so we couldn't hear the birds come off the roost but set up in a display area and waited. Gobbles, clucks, yelps, and purrs started about 7:45-8. Hens and Jakes wandered through our spread and a few series of yelps from Primos Hook Up box call along with the sweet sound of real hens brought the big boy in on a rope. The Tom went straight to the Jake and started beating on him so hard he bent the 5/16" metal stake. My daughter shot him with her Parker Challenger II crossbow (on a tripod), Parker Red Hot arrows, and NAP 100gr Double Cross mechanical broadheads. He stumbled about 3 feet and then took a faceplant. Great day in the woods and a happy little girl!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:42:47 PM by EL_CAPITAN »

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Texas Rio hammered with a crossbow by 6 year old
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »
Awesome!!

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Texas Rio hammered with a crossbow by 6 year old
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:14:33 PM »
Good shot!