OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Nikon Turkey Pro Scopes  (Read 8055 times)

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Nikon Turkey Pro Scopes
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 09:51:54 PM »
I think Nikon still makes a shot gun scope just not the turkey one. The only difference would probably be the reticle. I looked at one this past winter and it had a lot of eye relief. I ended up getting a Nikon buck master for my savage 220 slug gun it doesn't have as much eye relief but it is pretty descent also.That was at a Scheels store if you have those in your area.

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
Nikon Turkey Pro Scopes
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 10:24:35 PM »
I think Nikon still makes a shot gun scope just not the turkey one. The only difference would probably be the reticle. I looked at one this past winter and it had a lot of eye relief. I ended up getting a Nikon buck master for my savage 220 slug gun it doesn't have as much eye relief but it is pretty descent also.That was at a Scheels store if you have those in your area.

The biggest difference is actually the eye relief.  The turkey pro has 5" of sustained eye relief which I would argue should be the industry standard for a shotgun scope.  Most of the scopes mentioned in this thread only have 3.5-4" and most of the guys shooting these scopes will get scope burned by them if they shoot even a modest number of turkeys each season with those scopes.  Inevitably you're going to have to shoot at one from a twisted, contorted position that offers little to no recoil management and that's when the scope introduces itself to the face.

I have a brand new turkey pro sitting in a box awaiting attachment to my browning silver.  The truth is I just haven't had much reason to take off the Pentax light seeker currently attached to it since I use the gun so infrequently.

Offline J Lacey

• Shag Hill Custom Box Calls
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »
I have one on my 870 and a new one in the box. Both original models. Another one of those items you love and they stop making it
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

Offline bmk

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 08:14:07 AM »
Any of you guys with a spare Turkeypro sitting around willing to sell one?