News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

twisting creek snakewood/black limba

Started by Hillbilly yelper, March 23, 2017, 07:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

Brantleyville

Would be interested in seeing a video showing the call and your hands during one of these calling sequences.

Hillbilly yelper

Quote from: KYTURKEY on March 24, 2017, 09:08:36 AM
Hey brother, I enjoyed watching the way you play calls. I watched you several times in Nashville. It's always good see how others run calls. You can rock on those boxes. You keep playing and running them the way you like to do it, and don't worry about the opinions of others.

Thank you so much, that means a lot to know someone is enjoying listening to me play. I know there are a lot of callers on here that can call way better than I could ever think about playing. But, I give all the glory to God for what I am able to do in hunting. Having Jesus Christ as my personal savior brings a smile on my face because of the love and mercy he has shown me.
Have a good hunt this spring and be safe. Hope to see you at Nashville next year. If you see me, grab my hand and give a shake and tell me you are the Ky guy from gobbler. Love to meet ya!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

Hillbilly yelper

Tim

Hillbilly yelper

Quote from: Brantleyville on March 24, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
Would be interested in seeing a video showing the call and your hands during one of these calling sequences.
I am working on a few different techniques, and I will be posting a video showing how I do them.  Main thing is that I a lot of spare time on my hands to practice. But mostly I have played for many years and just recently I feel that God has given me a new ability to play these calls in ways I never have before. I truly give God all the glory!
Thanks,
Tim
Tim

Hillbilly yelper

Thank you all for the nice comments. I just want to add that I can run a pot call better than a box and defiantly a mouth call is my best. I love call them turkey!
God Bless and hope everyone has a safe and successful season!
Tim
Tim

Greg Massey

I love that snake wood , sounded great...i like to hear how aggressive a call will sound..i'm sure it has a soft sound also...

Hillbilly yelper

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 24, 2017, 10:28:50 PM
I love that snake wood , sounded great...i like to hear how aggressive a call will sound..i'm sure it has a soft sound also...
Thank you, much appreciated. everybody knows its harder to play aggressive and have control of the sound....but with Jeff's. calls its much easier to run aggressively.
Tim

mgm1955

Sounds great!! I also watched you several times in Nashville and can attest that the crowds were very impressed at your abilities to make a box sing. Super job running a great box!!!

KYTURKEY

Quote from: Hillbilly yelper on March 24, 2017, 09:44:44 PM
Quote from: KYTURKEY on March 24, 2017, 09:08:36 AM
Hey brother, I enjoyed watching the way you play calls. I watched you several times in Nashville. It's always good see how others run calls. You can rock on those boxes. You keep playing and running them the way you like to do it, and don't worry about the opinions of others.

Thank you so much, that means a lot to know someone is enjoying listening to me play. I know there are a lot of callers on here that can call way better than I could ever think about playing. But, I give all the glory to God for what I am able to do in hunting. Having Jesus Christ as my personal savior brings a smile on my face because of the love and mercy he has shown me.
Have a good hunt this spring and be safe. Hope to see you at Nashville next year. If you see me, grab my hand and give a shake and tell me you are the Ky guy from gobbler. Love to meet ya!

I most certainly will.  You are an inspiration brother. How easy it could have been to lay turkey calls after losing your sight. But, you persevered and found new ways to play calls. I tried running some boxes the way you were in Nashville. It's not easy, I'll tell ya. You keep on hammering on those calls. You will always have support from me.

Patrick