OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tube call advice  (Read 5142 times)

Offline Dr. Gobbler

Tube call advice
« on: March 22, 2017, 09:44:07 PM »
Looking for my first tube. I want one so i can eliminate my box call. So i want one that is LOUD. I don't want to call in turkeys with it I want it to help be strike them. Im trying to go as light as possible this year so id love to eliminate that box call. Any suggestions please let me know!
"Don't bump him!"- Dad 09-10-1949 to 05-18-2017

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
Re: Tube call advice
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:35 PM »
I just got a Gulp from Mr. Lewis (Pappy).  I have never ran one before but it's pretty simple and it can get loud. I like that brass insert, I think that gives it a bit of a ring.

Offline Kates

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
I got 30+ tubes and a Matt McLain is what I always use

Offline mmclain

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:28:34 PM »
I'm going to have to make an acrylic double baffle.    ;)

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Tube call advice
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 05:46:38 AM »
I'm going to have to make an acrylic double baffle.    ;)

I'd be interested in one if you do.

Not a double baffle, but an acrylic tube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:59:47 AM by Terry »

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Tube call advice
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 05:49:38 AM »
I have a cheap plastic one from Houndstooth Game Calls that is SUPER loud. It might get you started until you get a custom one. Or you could just stick with it. They are only $10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jacobson

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 06:36:39 PM »
Looking for my first tube. I want one so i can eliminate my box call. So i want one that is LOUD. I don't want to call in turkeys with it I want it to help be strike them. Im trying to go as light as possible this year so id love to eliminate that box call. Any suggestions please let me know!
Wow, I could not imagine taking out a tube call as my only call. Some mornings it is chilly and trying to run a tube call can not have good results. Mouth diaphragm, friction call, tube call, box call, scratch box, and trumpet takes minimal room. Adding a tube call is a good idea for sure........If you are looking for a tube call Pappy is the way to go, as he will work with you and try to match you up with the style tube to fit your wants.......Good Luck

Offline mmclain

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 07:39:47 PM »
Pappy.   :TooFunny:     Here we go.....  :popcorn:

Probably cuz I started making them 2 years ago. Went public this year.  Have not posted one on here myself because of what you did last time with my hollow snakewood striker ......So........ please stay seated. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:59:23 PM by mmclain »

Offline Ol Yelper

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 07:48:46 PM »
Matt McLain all the way for me. Give him a call or pm and I know he'll help you out. Makes a great tube!!

Offline Dr. Gobbler

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 08:22:47 PM »
Wow, I could not imagine taking out a tube call as my only call. Some mornings it is chilly and trying to run a tube call can not have good results. Mouth diaphragm, friction call, tube call, box call, scratch box, and trumpet takes minimal room. Adding a tube call is a good idea for sure........If you are looking for a tube call Pappy is the way to go, as he will work with you and try to match you up with the style tube to fit your wants.......Good Luck

Definitely won't be my only im confident in my pot calls and mouth calls. I want the tube strictly for striking
"Don't bump him!"- Dad 09-10-1949 to 05-18-2017

Offline Footballer

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »
Pappy.   :TooFunny:     Here we go.....  :popcorn:

Probably cuz I started making them 2 years ago. Went public this year.  Have not posted one on here myself because of what you did last time with my hollow snakewood striker ......So........ please stay seated.

Shots fired...

Offline nyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »
Matt McLain all the way for me. Give him a call or pm and I know he'll help you out. Makes a great tube!!

X2