OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Visiting Pappy

Started by Rzrbac, March 13, 2017, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

Going to visit Mr. Lewis soon to pick up one of his tube calls.  Never tried to use one but I'm looking forward to see if I can get good enough with it to use by opening day.

Dr Juice

Awesome. I'm standing by for your After Action Report.

Rzrbac

Haven't heard that term in almost two years (AAR).  Heading out here in about a half hour, he's only 60 miles from my house.

mspaci

I think I have 6 so far, you will like them,  Mike

Rzrbac

Had a great visit with Mr. Lewis this morning.  He is a talented man and makes some fine calls. I've never ran a tube call before but I've had this one for about an hour and would not hesitate to use it on a gobbler. I'm not real consistent yet and I can "feel" more than one hen in there so this is going to be a ton of fun to learn. It's a good looking call too, got to watch him make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

Oh, I forgot the walking stick he gave me. Carved morels on the top.

SwampRooster17

Beautiful tube!

Bowguy

Nice looking call, best of luck w it

Rzrbac

I'm really digging this call. I have found several different yelps in it. Some from adjusting the latex and others from just mouth position.  I've still got to get a little more consistent but I wouldn't be scared to take it to the woods tomorrow. It's such an easy call to run. I've still got a month to practice with and fully expect to be able light up the woods with it come April 17th.