News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard pattern.

Started by spurman, March 21, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

Quote from: turkeykiller41 on March 24, 2017, 11:30:05 PM
Very nice pattern in my opinion I know we all strive for good pattern at 40 but I never shoot one past 35 yds usually .

Me to 30-35 yds.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

jkbow

Not the best but side by side pics w new longbeard

jkbow

Tried to put both pics in one post from phone... sorry

Buford

Jkbow,    Please give us more information. How far, what gun and choke, barrel length. It looks like a very good pattern and many thanks for sharing. Hey which size shot also.   Thanks, buford

KyTurkeyHunter473

I tried the Winchester LB #6s out of my 1187 26" barrel w the truglo SSX and tightwad at 40yds and both left much to be desired, I'll stick to hevi 13 7s from that gun. I then tried them in my Mossberg 500 22" barrel, and was surprised at the difference. Using an Indian Creek I got 182 pellets in a 10" circle and 137 w a tightwad. 

KyTurkeyHunter473

40 yds mossberg 500,22" barrel, Indian creek

Buford

Kyturkeyhunter, would you please tell us indian creek choke you have in your 500 mossberg?    Many thanks, Buford. That is a super pattern.

7shooter

I'd like to know as well what constriction that tube was.

KyTurkeyHunter473

It was the .555 black diamond strike.   

daddyduke

Thanks to all who posted pics.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

jkbow

Winchester Longbeard XR #6 at 30 yards
remington 870 w 26"b arrel and Sumtoy 562
This was done at 30 due to windy conditions. I will post a pic
w same setup and a Federal HW #7
thats a 7" circle BTW.

Hope this helps...I know there hard to come by.  I was lucky and a buddy got me a few boxes at NWTF nashville.
My 2 cents after shooting them in 2 diff guns is that there prob the best Lead loads i have used.  But wont make me
switch from Heavyweights.  Hunt SAfe and good luck

surehuntsalot

I got to find me some of these, I have a Carlson long beard choke tube in my Stoeger 3020 that I am dying to try these in
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkeykiller41

Somebody said Bass Pro Shops had them.

Rockhound

Stoeger m3020 with factory turkey choke and longbeard 5s at 40 yards. 129-10 note that I could have adjusted the circle a little and got 135ish in the 10. I would have never imagined it in a 20 with lead!