OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Keep your eyes on Jesus  (Read 1778 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Keep your eyes on Jesus
« on: March 20, 2017, 09:31:11 PM »

"I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands." - Psalm 119:10

I love this story – you may have read it before, but it so beautifully illustrates the need to keep our eyes on Jesus, it’s worth another read.

Walking through freshly fallen snow, a father wanted to teach his son a key lesson in life. He said, “Son, I’m going to walk to that tree about 50 feet ahead in a perfectly straight line. Then I want you to do the same.”

The father walked to the tree. He turned to look at his son, and they both observed the perfectly straight tracks in the snow. Not wanting to fail the test, the son looked at his father and began to walk. He looked down at his steps and veered to the left. He looked up and corrected his course. He looked down again. He veered to the right and had to correct his course once more. Arriving at the tree, his tracks told the story of his failure.

His father explained, “Son, as long as you focused on me, your tracks were straight. The moment you took your eyes off me, you got off track. The key is keeping your eyes on the goal.”

So it is in life. There is one primary goal and if it becomes the heart and focus of your life it will be the key to eternal success. That goal is following the Lord. If we are to have a strong walk with Christ Jesus, we have to look to Him as the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. We have to look to Him and not take our eyes off Him. When we are lured in by the weight and sin of the world which clings so closely, we take our eyes off of Him. But when we keep your eyes on Him, He will keep us right on track to where we need to go.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net