OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee public land help

Started by Indeerhntr, March 18, 2017, 11:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indeerhntr

I am from Indiana and want to hunt with my son in Tennessee this spring. I have never hunted birds there before. Any tips on public areas would be awesome. Thanks.

strut-n-rut

MickT

You would probably have better luck asking for nude pictures of someone's wife on here than specifics on public land.

Most of our WMAs have birds, but our MS River WMAs have been down from spring flooding lately. What type of hunt are you after? What terrain do you want to hunt? When are you planning to hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

What Mick said...talking about good public land online is a sure way to make the hunting pressure even worse than it is... But you can do enough research online to find some areas worth going to. Just expect to find plenty of other hunters if it's a good area. A good whole day to scout will help, and hunting on weekdays also will help. And don't be discouraged when you got guys all over the birds in the morning. Stick it out and don't leave for lunch, hunt all day if you can. Good luck

Indeerhntr

I know all too well the issues faced with public land. I don't expect anyone to give up their own hot spots. I was just looking for some general information about game management areas that might have better opportunities than others. I Appreciate your input. Thanks

MickT

If you have specific questions, shoot us PMs. Otherwise it's out there for everyone to see.

catman529

Again, what Mick said. Even mentioning the name of a WMA where you've done well and seen or killed some birds will get people's interest when they find the post by Google search or browsing the forum.