OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Viper G2 Final Analysis  (Read 2118 times)

Offline DETJR

Viper G2 Final Analysis
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
40 yds. Long Beard #6 with Carlson choke .665 Constriction.
121 pellets in 9 inch circle
46 pellets in neck

What do you think?

Offline Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Viper G2 Final Analysis
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »
Dead turkey! That being said it's a little sparce and splotchy on the left side, but it does look like the center of the pattern is a bit right. I know it's a small piece of paper, but did you shoot with a larger backing surface to see the full extent of the pattern? For what it's worth I started with a Carlson's LongBeard XR choke out of my new browning BPS and while it threw great numbers on paper, it wasn't too sporty for the woods. A lot of pellet clumps with a good number of gaps, but the best "paper" numbers in a 10" I tested. Just didn't suit what I was looking for.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Offline DETJR

Re: Viper G2 Final Analysis
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
I posted the worst of the 2 shots fired just to get objective opinions. I knew I pulled a little to the right when I fired. I had been shooting alot of rounds with different load combinations, with a bad shoulder. This pic is the first one I fired with the LB 6's and I believe was held as true as I can achieve. Also, check out what was moving around yesterday afternoon in SE GA. Don't have a youth hunter to take anymore or he would be a dead bird.

127 in 9" 55 in kill zone. More uniformed pattern.