OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Number of decoys in your usual setup and what kind?

Started by upnorth, March 17, 2017, 11:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Back to the post :1 jake and 2 feeder hen carry-lite collapsibles...easy to pack around and effective...

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 24, 2017, 09:53:44 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 24, 2017, 09:45:28 PM
Not sure how saying I dont use a decoy is putting anyone down maybe your to sensitive .I'm also not the only one that said zero for decoy usage. Lastly I'm not sure what your retirement has to do with your dependance on decoys .But I guess there's no limit to pour taste
I think we need to take up donations and get this guy a certificate for free counseling...he's miserable...
We have to remember he's a kid in a mans world. He is still cutting us down and making sarcastic remarks. I guess he never got a good spanking from his dad or mom. 

Greg Massey

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 24, 2017, 09:45:28 PM
Not sure how saying I dont use a decoy is putting anyone down maybe your to sensitive .I'm also not the only one that said zero for decoy usage. Lastly I'm not sure what your retirement has to do with your dependance on decoys .But I guess there's no limit to pour taste
Just letting you know i made my own way in life and i don't need a sarcastic kid, telling me how to hunt.. i use 3 hen decoys and a Jake decoy. 

coyote1

I'm no pro by any means, only going into my 7th season. I use 1 jake, breeder hen and feeding hen.

I have mixed reactions, some charge right in to the decoys and others have hung up at 30-35 yards but that was ok because they were within range. I have never had a gobbler run from decoys. I have taken 1 without a decoy.

LaLongbeard

You old men need to go take a nap and regroup. If you got all that time an money you'd think you'd learn to hunt and not have to depend on a decoy lol. PS my house and land are paid off also an I'm not on the verge of dementia. Lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

WNCTracker

How many decoys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: WNCTracker on March 24, 2017, 10:57:11 PM

Depends on how many light bulbs you want to screw...1/2 doz decoys at least..i don't want my gobbler feeling lonely ...ha ha ha ...I just sit in my fancy dollar store blind and i never take any turkey calls with me and i only take one shell, but i have my 1/2 doz. decoy for sure...

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 24, 2017, 10:49:56 PM
You old men need to go take a nap and regroup. If you got all that time an money you'd think you'd learn to hunt and not have to depend on a decoy lol. PS my house and land are paid off also an I'm not on the verge of dementia. Lol
No maybe your not,but you sure can't comprehend. The original poster asked what decoys we used in a setup not how to hunt without them. Quit hijacking his post and start your own on how to hunt without decoys...

coyote1

Quote from: WNCTracker on March 24, 2017, 10:57:11 PM

0 They would rather sit around in the dark clucking and purring about it.

WNCTracker

That's funny

Greg Massey

He can't start his own post because he wouldn't have anyone to be sarcastic too. Like i said he just wan't to pull peoples chain because he has no game. If you look back thru the post you were the one who attacked me just like you did again with your last post. One of these days i hope you grow up kid, also my mother died from Dementia and i take your last post personal JACK....

LaLongbeard

All you had to do was answer the question how you wanted to and shut up  ,but you got yoir feelings hurt lol
I also thought I told you to go take a nap ...man old people.
Also my names not jack

Greg Massey

Getting personal now aren't we..with your talking..what's wrong kid, you can't take what you dishing out to us old men. Kid's will be Kids and some men never grow up and that's you. And i could give you another name but i will still call you JACK....ha ha ha

Greg Massey

Funny , funny , funny.. you can have the last words if you want and that's fine JACK.... It's get to a point you just have to leave such a sarcastic person. Who has to attack us older people. BAD luck with your season and i HOPE YOU DON"T KILL ONE TURKEY.   YO moma  ..JACK...

LaLongbeard

I don't believe in or  need  luck. Hope you don't have a stroke hauling your 15 decoys and ground blind to your corn feeder lol