OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What locator calls do you carry?

Started by Gobble!, March 17, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

In my vest I carry a Gibson Crow call, Haint gobble call, and a Harrison owl call. What calls do some of you guys carry? Considering adding a coyote call.

Rzrbac

Bowguy

Gibson crow, Harrison hooter, used goose, peacock, woodpecker. Coyote calls I never use while hunting. 
A great way to locate is by cutting

SteelerFan

Started with voice back in the day...

Eventually tried production hooters, crow calls, goose, peacock, coyote, etc.

Back to just a Harrison Hoot'n stick & Pappy crow call.

Greg Massey

Just a crow call for up in the day..i let nature wait the woods up...don't like screaming before daylight letting people know were i'm hunting. Never seen a reason to scare the turkeys to death...

MK M GOBL

I have 4  I use, some I do multiple sound on.

Barred Owl
Crow
Goose/Sand Hill
Peacock/Pileated/Coyote

MK M GOBL

paboxcall

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 18, 2017, 09:21:34 PM
...i let nature wait the woods up...

:agreed: , unless they are quiet on the roost through flydown.  Then, Harrison's hooter and crow call, and the occasional gobble call.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tennessee Lead

Harrison Hoot'n Stick owl synthetic
Harrison Crow synthetic added this year instead of the Gibson . I'll get a Gibson during the off season.
Primos 3 in 1 peacock/woodpecker and coyote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double B

Crow call is the only locator I carry and owl with voice if needed.   I don't use a coyote howler but might be a good one for evening when you are trying to locate for next morning.   
Followed by buzzards

Jmbradt3873

I usually carry an owl hooter, primos double gobble, at least one crow call, a pileated woodpecker/peacock, and a duck or goose call of some kind.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

dublelung

Doug Morgan owl hooter, Primos Crow are my favorites.

WV TURKEY THUG

An owl hooter is all I carry as far as locator calls go. Where I hunt it's not unusual to hear owls sounding off at noon or any time of the day for that matter.

bpsmag1026

I carry a Harrison crow, a Camp Callers owl, and a goose call

bowbird87

Stained mineral poplar Harrison owl and Osage/Indian ebony pappy crow.

mgm1955

Harrison hooter and Buckner crow call.