turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Production owl call

Started by jbo225, March 11, 2017, 10:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbo225

Is there a such thing as a best production owl locator call?

WV Ridge Reaper

Terry

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 11, 2017, 10:49:48 AM
Houndstooth
What's the volume like?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bowguy

A synthetic Harrison is prob cheaper than most productions. Sounds great n is plenty loud

SteelerFan

Harrison hooter is the most realistic owl hoot I've heard / used in the woods (I have a walnut - but I doubt there is much difference to synthetic). If a bird is going to shock gobble at a hoot - then he can't resist this one.

Had to laugh last year at camp - went out to listen / roost prior to the opener. Got into some hootin' chatter with the locals. We had 5 owls follow us back to camp - landing in the trees above us and carrying on. Cool (and a little creepy!)

MK M GOBL

Quote from: jbo225 on March 11, 2017, 10:47:22 AM
Is there a such thing as a best production owl locator call?

So when you say production are you talking "major" companies off the shelf? I see a few recommendation on customs.

I have an old favorite HS barred owl that works like magic, and has volume and love the roll I get at the end (to me what the birds are answering to). I rarely ever do the 8 note hoot, I do a short laugh with the roll and that's it.

MK M GOBL

dublelung

If you're talking true production as in mass produced I'd have to go with the old Knight and Hale camo owl hooters. I've had one for 20 years and it's the best commercial owl call I've ever used.

mgm1955