Main Menu

North east maryland.

Started by Hunter1, March 16, 2017, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter1

Any gobbling near North East Md, Turkey point are. :turkey2:
From the sky we lead.

mdtkyhntr

Heard a few gobbles this morning in North central MD, shock gobbling infrequently

Hunter1

Yeah, was down by turkey point Lt house, heard a few. Hope they come down the road by April. Hope they like public land. Good luck. :anim_25:
From the sky we lead.

suburbhunter

I have two reports of sounding off pretty good in Harford and Chuck counties over the last week.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Will

That's great news. I'll bet these warmer days had them boys sounding off good. I'm headed to lower shore Saturday morning and will post what I hear.

suburbhunter

I've been to Chuck co and Harford County over the past few days. Both place have pretty good roost gobbling and ground gobbling until about 7ish.   :funnyturkey:

Will

It's getting close brother. Just spoke to a friend in southern Maryland and birds are in the fields tending. Gobbling on the limb. Man I can't wait

ruination

Flocks I have been watching have disappeared so I assume that means they have started to spread out.
.410 Favors the Bold

CMBOSTC

No gobbling so far, has anyone heard any this morning?

dejake

Don't know where you're at, but around elk neck, they've been hammering for a few weeks.  Morning and evening.

CMBOSTC

I ended up striking two gobbler, I circled around in front of them. They got close but ended up giving me the slip. I have an improved plan for Sat.

Erno86

Central Maryland: I heard one or two sound-off this morning. One of them started shock gobbling at the break of dawn, with a passing overhead flying jet. I figured that they were roosting about two hundred yards away, but on the same ridge as me. I had to increase the volume of my soft tree yelps, but I think they heard me, especially with my two fly-down cackles, yelps, clucks an purrs --- That eventually brought the two in at 7am, with me bagging one of them {22 pounder/10" beard}, at 20 yards; with a load of Federal 5,6,7 Heavy shot, 3 inch 12 gauge.

CMBOSTC

What, that's cool... congratulations! That's a big bird.