OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 28ga journey begins  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
28ga journey begins
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »
Finally got my 28ga put together last night.  Since I completed my slam with the 20ga, I want to try for one with a 28ga and .410.  Haven't had a chance to pattern the 28 with TSS yet, but hopefully it's a shooter with the fixed modified barrel.  I've seen and heard positive results from others.  Cool thing is the frame on the 20ga, 28ga, and .410 870s are all the same, so once I get my slam with the 28ga everything will fit the .410!

For those with the 870 28ga fixed modified barrel, did anyone polish the barrel or just deep clean and pattern?  I think I'll just clean it and pattern to begin.  If I don't like the pattern, then I'll go to polish.  Send barrel off to be choked as a last resort.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Offline Swampchickin234

• The Boss Gobbler
28ga journey begins
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »
That's sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wisconsinteacher

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Barron Co. WI
Re: 28ga journey begins
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
I did not polish or deep clean my barrel.  I just cleaned it like normal and shot it.  I'm thinking about getting it threaded and choked soon.

My fixed modified did shoot 140 at 40 yards last week.  I did notice the pattern hit low.  I need to put adjustable sights on it to raise it up.

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
I did not polish or deep clean my barrel.  I just cleaned it like normal and shot it.  I'm thinking about getting it threaded and choked soon.

My fixed modified did shoot 140 at 40 yards last week.  I did notice the pattern hit low.  I need to put adjustable sights on it to raise it up.

appreciate the info.  I have a B-square on mine and will put a FF III on top.  If I can get 140 @ 40 yards out of mine, I'm finished!

Offline mrlongbeard

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »
Looking good man. When you get ready to switch the shurshot to the .410 , pm me and I will explain how to make the forend fit perfectly.

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »
Looking good man. When you get ready to switch the shurshot to the .410 , pm me and I will explain how to make the forend fit perfectly.

Will do.  I was actually wondering about that as I was putting the forend on the 28ga and figured it would be loose and rattle.