turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Moss 835, 24 inch barrel, ssx, LB 3.5/2oz/#6

Started by Mizzouhntr, March 14, 2017, 11:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mizzouhntr

Bought this Moss 835 super cheap last month. Decided i better take a bird with it this year and have the 870 sit this one out. Anyway, SSX choke, at 26 degrees today, 40 yards with LB 3.5/2/#6s. Tried freehanding my 10 inch circle before finding a 9.5 in plate. 220 in at 40 seems decent to me.

lowoctane

I'm seeing dead roosters wherever this gun goes... :gobble:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

reflexl

Mizzouhntr

Took my Mossy out in the warmer weather today. 82 degrees was a far cry from the original posted pattern at 26 degrees. I was planning on polishing the barrel, which hasnt been done on this gun. Any thoughts on if I should or shouldnt? Some of the lower circle open spaces seem excessive. But what do I know. Thoughts? 260 in the 10 on todays warm day.

Bigbass78

On my 835 I get the best pattern with a clean bore after one shot my starts to open up some I would try it again and make sure the barrel is super clean

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Doug Lewis

I think temp has a lot to do with the patterns. But I know for a fact my 835 likes to be clean. Clean the barrel real good, and she'll tighten up for you. I shoot the same setup. I've polished my barrel and I'm counting 300's in the 10". I've also counted way lower because of a dirty barrel that I thought was clean enough...Keep it super clean and you'll be fine

cgoodman25

Lookin good! What choke constriction are y'all using? And Mizzouhntr what shot size was that pattern?

Mizzouhntr

I shot the SSX, which i believe is .670... These patterns are with 3.5 in, 2oz, #6 longbeards